No Calorie Sweeteners
What are no calorie sweeteners?
No calorie sweeteners are sweet-tasting food ingredients used in foods and beverages as well as table-top sweeteners instead of sugar to provide the desired sweet taste with no calories.
No calorie sweeteners are intensely sweet, which means they are much sweeter than table sugar. Therefore, only very small amounts are needed to impart the desired level of sweetness to foods and beverages, contributing no calories at all to the final product.
These sweeteners can be a useful tool for reducing people's total caloric intake.
- It does not provide calories and is 600 times sweeter than sugar. It is used mainly to make desserts, sweeten drinks or sauces, as well as in powders to prepare water.
People with diabetes can consume it because it does not affect blood glucose levels.
- It is 180 times sweeter than sugar, but it has a substance called phenylalanine, which is why people with Phenylketonuria cannot consume it because it causes neurological problems.
It enhances the flavor of citrus fruits and is used in cereals, non-alcoholic beverages, frozen desserts, soft drinks and chewing gums. It is discarded in terms of cooked because with heat it loses its sweetening properties.
- This non-caloric sweetener is 300 times more powerful than sugar. It is used in baked goods such as breads, cookies, soft drinks, plain or fruit yogurt, jams, jellies, and ice cream. It is recommended to avoid its consumption in pregnant women.
- Acesulfame potassium. It is approximately 200 times more intense than sugar. It is used in food preparation and does not cause side effects. It is usually found in sweet drinks, gum, dairy products, desserts, and protein shakes.
- Stevia is currently the sweetener that is most recommended because in addition to being natural, it is calorie-free.
Find in Clean Meals a variety of meals with non-caloric sweeteners, to improve your health and reduce your calorie intake.