Vegan Brownie Recipe Ingredients
- All-purpose flour – This vegan brownie recipe creates a really thick batter, so make sure to measure your flour properly. Instead of scooping flour straight from the canister or bag, use the spoon-and-level method. It’ll prevent you from accidentally packing too much flour into your measuring cup.
- Ground flaxseed + warm water – Our egg replacement! It binds the batter together.
- Granulated sugar and powdered sugar – To make the vegan brownies nice and sweet. The powdered sugar also contains cornstarch, which helps create that irresistible chewy brownie texture.
- Cocoa powder and chocolate chips – Thanks to these ingredients, these vegan brownies have a delectable dark chocolate flavor. Use your favorite brand of dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Baking powder – To help the brownies rise.
- Coconut oil – For richness.
- Vanilla extract – It enhances the rich chocolate flavor.
- Sea salt – To make all the flavors pop! Mix fine sea salt into the batter, and if you like, sprinkle flaky sea salt on top.
How to Make Vegan Brownies
First, make the flax egg. In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and water, and set them aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
While you wait, combine the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another. When the flax mixture is ready, whisk it into the bowl of wet ingredients.
Then, combine the wet and dry ingredients. Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and use a spatula to fold the mixture together.
Next, add the batter to the baking pan. Transfer the crumbly mixture to a greased 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Use your hands to press it into an even layer at the bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top, and bake! Bake at 325° for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs attached. The brownies will seem underdone when you take them out of the oven, but they’ll set up as they cool. For the best texture and flavor, wait at least 45 minutes before slicing and serving. Finally, enjoy!
Desserts are not out of our plans! Enjoy them in the healthiest way!