Benefits of Green Vegetables
Vegetables are very complete and nutrient-dense foods that also provide very few calories so they are not fattening. They are also an important source of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which help people maintain optimal health.
They can be classified with many variants, one of them is the group of green vegetables, its distinctive color is due to an essential component, chlorophyll, which offer us other varied benefits.
- Green vegetables contain essential nutrients that will help you control your weight, as they have a low caloric value and satiating power.
- They are sources of magnesium and potassium.
- They contain calcium, essential for many functions of our body, for the health of our bones, for women in the menopausal stage and for many processes where hormones and enzymes are involved.
- They contain vegetable protein, which can contribute to the supply of protein when you want to replace that of animal origin in a mixture with other foods.
- They have dietary fiber, which prevents constipation.
- Also vitamin C, which helps prevent colds and flu.
- Vitamin A is also present; important for the bone system, skin regeneration, for the prevention of some eye conditions and strengthens the immune system, among other things.
- Its consumption is associated with having a lower risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- They have anti-inflammatory properties.
- They help control blood sugar levels.
Find in Clean Meals a variety of meals if you want to start eating more green vegetables.