The Best Keto Cauliflower Soup
Creamy and cheesy, this makes one of the most comforting soups that I have had.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup smoked gouda or more cheddar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For garnish: chives and bacon
HOW TO MAKE
- Heat the butter in a large pot over low heat. Add the cauliflower, onion, garlic, and thyme. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until very smooth. (You can also puree in batches using a blender.)
- Return the pot to medium-low heat and add the cream cheese and shredded cheeses. Cook until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.